Overall (a): 15/16 in. × 7 in. × 2 1/8 in. (2.4 × 17.8 × 5.4 cm) Overall (b): 7/8 in. × 7 in. × 2 1/8 in. (2.2 ×
stamped: on a: "GP/*" within a heart with crown and "WHITE CVA/E" within round reserve stamped: on b: within a circular reserve "G (images of three spoons) P/(__) LITE (_____)"
Wrought brass spoons, each with large oval bowls, straight handles with canted edges slightly flared at terminus; triangular bracket and marked on top on bowl near juncture with handle.
According to the donor, the spoons were found on the site of the Satterthwaite House (now the Thompson Homestead Memorial) which was built in 1873. This spot was a burial ground of the Montauk Indians. The donor's maiden name was Satterthwaite.
Gift of Mrs. William Strom and Mrs. E. R. Tilton
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.