Decanter with stopper
Overall: 13 3/4 x 3 1/8 in. ( 34.9 x 7.9 cm )
Colorless cut lead glass decanter; tall, narrow seven-sided form with straight cylindrical neck with seven-sided bladed ring and circular flange lip; cylindrical body with seven panels separated by cut ribs extending to bottom of sloping shoulders; sunburst cut beneath base; tall hexagonal stopper with hexagonal pyramid on top; copper-wheel engraved decoration of single grape leaf above bunch of grapes rendered on every panel and on three panels of stopper.
According to the accession records, this set has been attributed to Brooklyn's Greenpoint Glassworks (working 1873-1880) and to Isaac Duval of Wellsburg, West Va. (working 1813-23). The former is more likely, given the style of the set.
Gift of Florence Rogers Dietrich
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.