Decanter with stopper
Overall: 10 1/2 x 5 in. ( 26.7 x 12.7 cm )
Colorless lead glass decanter blown in a three-part mold (McKearin GI-27); tapered neck with three molded rings and a flanged rim, rounded shoulders with wide vertical ribs swirled to right, and cylindrical body with three rings at waist and vertical ribbing at base with flat base with pontil mark; spherical hollow ribbed stopper blown in a three-part mold (McKearin 28).
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.