Plaster of Paris, paint
Overall: 7 1/4 x 6 x 3 1/4 in. ( 18.4 x 15.2 x 8.3 cm )
Chalkware dog with textured head and front quarters with yellow, red and black spots, black ears and tail and red collar; rectangular base with flaring profile has three sides painted yellow with short red and black stripes.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.